Palantir Technologies Inc.( PLTR)
Palantir Technologies is a public American software company. Specialize in Big data analytics. Palantir is data management uses AI to help both the govt. as well as commercial business analyze and manage their giant amount of data to accuracy. Whose software is used to comb through data sets and promote effective decision outcomes by everyone from the world’s largest intelligence agencies to corporate clients. The company supports both manually driven and automatically assisted data analysis. It provides services to a variety of private businesses, public institutions, and non-profit organizations. Palantir applies AI to assist companies in identifying inefficiencies and problems that could disrupt a supply chain.
The name of the company is inspired by The Lord of the Rings, in which magical palantri served as “seeing-stones,” or unfailing crystal balls used for communication and observing events in far-flung parts of the globe.
Ceo: Alex Karp
Head Quarter: Denver, Colorado, USA
Founded: May 2003.
Alexander Caedmon Karp: C.E.O and Co-founder of Palantir Technologies. He is an American Billionaire Businessmen. He is founder of London based money management firm Caedmon group. In 2004 along with Peter Thiel (classmate at Stanford University) and others founded Palantir Technologies.
Peter Andreas Thiel: German-American billionaire enterprenure, political activist ( Republican) and Venture capitalist. A co-founder of PayPal and Founders Fund. He also founded Clarium Capital, a Global Macro Hedge Fund based in San Francisco. He was the first outside investor in Facebook. He was ranked 297th on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index with estimated net worth of $7.19 billion of May2022.
Stephen Cohen: American computer scientist and entrepreneur. Graduated from Stanford University with a Bsc in Computer Science in 2005. He also served as an advisor to Backtype prior to its acquisition by Twitter in 2011.
Nathan Gettings : Nathan Gettings is founder of 3 company like Affirm, RoboteX And Palantir Technologies.
Joe Lonsdale: Graduate from Stanford University . He is founder and managing partner at 8VC, a US based venture capital firm managing over five billion dollars in Capital. He is also founder and chairman of Addepar and founded Epirus, Affinity, National Resilience Bio, Opto Investments and other mission-driven technology businesses.
Product: Palantir Gotham, Palantir Foundry, Palantir Apollo.
What is Palantir Gotham
Palantir Technologies created the Gotham software platform for use in government intelligence and defence applications. In complex operational situations, it offers a set of analytical tools for data integration, teamwork, and decision-making. The platform combines and contextualizes many data sources, including unstructured data sources like papers and multimedia files as well as structured data sources like databases and spreadsheets. Gotham offers strong security features.
Gotham service is used for big data management. Mainly medium-sized and large organization are user.
Palantir Gotham is commonly used in tandem with data and device providers
Product is available as a SaaS solution that required no additional hardware , along with both Android and iOS mobile platform.
Gotham offer multi user capability. Integrate with any other apps and offer an API.
What is Palantir Foundry
A data integration and analytics platform designed for the enterprise is called Palantir Foundry. Organizations may integrate, manage, and evaluate data from various sources using the scalable, secure, and consistent platform it offers. With a complete view of their data and the ability to interact with both organised and unstructured data, Foundry gives businesses the tools they need to make data-driven decisions and get new insights. Foundry makes it simple for enterprises to connect to and manage their data and utilize a user-friendly interface and drag-and-drop capability, doing away with the need for intricate programming or technical know-how. As a result of the platform’s strong data transformation and modelling capabilities, businesses can rapidly and simply clean, process, and analyse their data.
When the COVID-19 epidemic hit England, NHS England used Palantir Foundry to examine how the vaccine programme was performing. A tech-justice NGO called Foxglove launched a campaign against the business in June 2021 because “their past has largely been in contracts where people are damaged, not healed.” Palantir has a “appalling track record,” according to Clive Lewis MP, who is supporting the effort.
Foundry is also employed in the UK Homes for Ukraine program’s management. It grants access to data kept by the Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, some of which is provided by the UK Home Office, to caseworkers employed by local authorities.
What is Palantir Apollo
Apollo is a cloud-based project and contact management solution that assists users in managing their personal and professional schedules by reminding them of appointments and deadlines. It combines the administration of personal tasks, calendars, contacts, and projects.
Apollo was developed in response to the demand from clients who wanted to integrate numerous public and private cloud platforms into their architecture. Apollo uses a micro-service architecture to orchestrate changes to software and configurations on the Foundry and Gotham platforms. This product allows Palantir to provide software as a service (SaaS) rather than to operate as a consulting company.
- Palantir Foundry clients include Merk, Airbus and Ferrari.
- Palantir partner Information Warfare Monitor used Palantir software to uncover both the Ghostnet and the Shadow Network.
- Palantir software is used by the Recovery Accountability and transparency Board to detect and investigate fraud and abuse in the American Recovery And Reinvestment Act.
- Some other U.S civil entities like Polaris Project, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The National Institute of Health, Team Rubicon uses Palantir Software.
- Palantir Gotham is used by counter-terrorism analysts at office in the United State Intelligence Community and United States Department of Defense. U.S.military intelligence used the Palantir product to improve their ability to predict locations of improvised explosive devices in its war in Afghanistan.
- DHS, NSA, FBI, CDC, The Marine Corps, The Air Force, Special Operations Command, West Point, The Joint IED Defeat Organization all are the client of Palantir
- Palantir took over the Pentagons Project Maven contract in 2019.
- Palantir was used by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to verify if Iran was in compliance with the 2015 agreement.
- IBM( International Business Machines) and Palantir announced new partnership that would use IBMs hybrid cloud data platform alongside Palantirs operations platform for building applications on February 8, 2021.
- Amazon ( AWS):Palantir announced its partnership with Amazon AWS on March5, 2021. Palantirs ERP Suite is now optimized to run on Amazon Web Services.
- Babylon Health: Palantir took a stake in Babylon Health in June 2021
- Customers who purchase Palantir Cloud subscriptions that include stand-ready O&M services have access to the software capabilities in a hosted environment managed by Palantir.
- Customers who buy software subscriptions are granted permission to use the functional intellectual property on their own hardware or in the cloud. They can also be purchased with ready-to-use O&M services.
- Palantir provides a variety of professional services to help customers use the programme, including training, on-demand user assistance, user-interface configuration, and continuous ontology and data modelling assistance as needed.
Competitor of Palantir:
- Ibm Watson Studio
- Altair Monarch
- Tyler Technologies
- Toad Data Point
Valuation and Investment:
In early 2014 the company was valued at $9 billion. In January 2015 the company was valued at $15 billion. On October18,2018 the Wall Street Journal reported that Palantir was considering an IPO in the first half of 2019 following a $41 billion valuation. In July it was revealed the company had filed for an IPO. It went ultimately public on the New York Stock Exchange( NYSE) through a direct public offering on September30,2020 under the symbol ‘’PLTR’’. According to RBC Capital Markets, the corporation has invested more than $400 million in roughly two dozen SPAC targets, bringing those companies on board as customers.
Palantir Technologies Annual Revenue report: 2019-2022
|Year||Revenue||% Growth from the previous year|
|2019||$0.743 B||24.71 %|
|2020||$1.093 B||47.15 %|
|2021||$1.542 B||41.11 %|
|2022||$1.830 B||27.88 %|
In this articale try to cover some basic information of Palantir Technologies. Everyone should know about company background before invest. . Before investing, it’s recommended to thoroughly research a company and consider seeking advice from a financial advisor.
At the time of writing this article, I do not hold share of PLTR.